Lua BitOp is a C extension module for Lua 5.1/5.2 which adds bitwise operations on numbers.
Lua BitOp is Copyright © 2008-2012 Mike Pall. Lua BitOp is free software, released under the MIT license (same license as the Lua core).
- Supported functions: bit.tobit, bit.tohex, bit.bnot, bit.band, bit.bor, bit.bxor, bit.lshift, bit.rshift, bit.arshift, bit.rol, bit.ror, bit.bswap
- Consistent semantics across 16, 32 and 64 bit platforms.
- Supports different lua_Number types: either IEEE 754 doubles, int32_t or int64_t.
- Runs on Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X, Windows and probably anything else you can find.
- Simple installation on all systems. No bulky configure scripts. Embedded-systems-friendly.
- Internal self-test on startup to detect miscompiles. Includes a comprehensive test and benchmark suite.
- Compatible with the built-in bitwise operations in LuaJIT 2.0.
- It's as fast as you can get with the standard Lua/C API.
Please click on one of the links in the navigation bar to your left to learn more.
Please visit the Download page to fetch the current version of Lua BitOp.
- 2012-05-08 Lua BitOp 1.0.2 has been released
- This release adds compatibility with both Lua 5.1 and Lua 5.2.